Your privacy is extremely important to us. The following document
describes the personal information and application data we collect when you use
UberNote and how it is handled by us.
Personal data we collect and how we use it:
- UberNote collects personal information when you establish a UberNote account. We value your privacy and only collect the essential information to operate your account. The only personal information we require is an email address, which is used to verify your account and reset your password.
- UberNote may ask for additional personal information such as mobile phone numbers, chat names, other accounts or additional email addresses based on use of specific optional features. This information is optional for basic account usage but is required for usage of optional features.
- UberNote collects usage information within the application on the UberNote.com domain. This information is soley used to improve usability and performance.
How the data is secured and backed up:
- UberNote stores your account password in a one-way encrypted algorithm. This means your password is never seen by us in clear text.
- UberNote takes security seriously and we take every reasonable precaution to keep your data and our servers safe from any external intrusion attacks. This means keeping our servers updated with latest security patches and service packs in addition to using industry standards and common practices to protect against security breaches, bots and computer viruses.
- Our servers are setup to protect your data against hardware failures and enable a quick recovery. The databases run off of a RAID configuration and are backed up daily to a remote server.
Sharing and Disclosures:
- UberNote will not sell, expose or share any of your personal information or content stored in UberNote unless required by law.
- Notes stored in UberNote are by default private and only accessible by you. This includes read and write access. Notes are only seen by others when you choose to either share or make them publicly available.
- Only under extreme circumstances will any notes stored in UberNote be read by an employee, such as if a note causes problems with the application, servers, acts in a malicious manner, are suspected of violating the terms and conditions of use, are unlawful, or violate any rights of third parties or other UberNote members.
- UberNote reserves the right to remove or edit notes in your account if they causes problems with the application, servers, act in a malicious manner, are suspected of violating the terms and conditions of use, are unlawful, or violate any rights of third parties or other UberNote members.
- An UberNote employee will never directly ask for your password or other identifying information related to your account.
UberNote System Alerts and Messages:
- We respect your privacy. Any messages and alerts related to UberNote including service announcements, administrative messages, and any other messages based on note status are configurable in your user settings. By default they are turned on.
Updates to the Policy:
- UberNote reserves the right to make updates to this policy. We will notify you of any significant changes by either email to the primary email address used to setup your account or in the application itself.
Questions or Concerns: